Today, we begin our new life aboard (moving the stuff out of our house, that’s another story). After seven months of preparing, this sliver of time is fraught with nervous excitement that dazzles and overwhelms us.
Our family has been through a lot, especially the kiddos. It’s time to encircle our our family in a protected space, and resynchronize our rhythms.
We’ll be taking a break from writing for a couple of weeks, although we may post pictures as we feel inspired.
In the meantime, here is some scuttlebutt from the salty world:
- Ellen from sv Rubicon moved back their blogger space, enjoyed a beachy time in South Carolina and reflects on the sun-bleached memories of summer.
- Victoria and Tucker have 15 weeks to go before they start cruising. Among their latest goods: 50 pounds of New England Ropes® Dyneema® and a ukelele.
- Justin and Jenny are enjoying their time at Thayer’s Landing and rocking it out with tons of work on their new boat, Creekmore. Please tell me your secret to getting so much work done with a baby!
- Cindy from ZachAboard recently celebrated her (and her husband’s) 10th anniversary, all the while cranking out awesome work, horsing around and enjoying the summer.
- Pat and Ali from Bumfuzzle are taking the scenic route to cruising, currently in Santa Cruz.
- Michael and Sara of sv Wondertime has 20 days before they set sail from Olympia. In the old days, China was ballast, nowadays its books, until they make offshore Kindles (do they?).
- Michael and Windy of Del Viento has officially become unemployed. Michael quit his job and the family is now driving to Mexico. Wish them luck!